This is actually a recipe which I ended up changing almost completely from Simply Nigella. Hers was a butternut squash and halloumi burger, but I don’t really like butternut squash. Anyway, this is my own spin!
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, depending on size and mouths to feed
- Sainsbury’s Greek style vegan cheese
- wholemeal pitta bread
- light mayo
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200*C and wash the sweet potato(es)
- Cut the potato into slices about 1.5cm each, then lay on a baking tray
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional)
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Mix a dollop of light mayo with a teaspoon of pesto to make a sauce.
- Cut the pitta in half, then slice open through the middle
- Spread the sauce and add spinach and chopped tomatoes
- Remove sweet potato from oven and add one slice per half pitta
- Crumble cheese on top
- close the pitta and enjoy!